Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

The Inspiring Story Of How Prateek Defeated Academic Pressure And Discovered Himself Through Therapy.

Our hero of the story, Prateek is a 22-year-old ambitious individual hailing from Jammu and Kashmir. An academic-oriented individual, he pursued his BTech from MIT, Pune. Currently, he is pursuing his higher studies at Savithripai Phule University, Pune. 

He has always been a study enthusiast, relentless in his pursuit of knowledge, and thirsty for academic excellence. No matter the situation, his studies were his first priority. 

Life had always been a whirlwind of textbooks, lectures, and assignments, leaving little room for leisure or reflection. Prateek barely ever complained about the lack of free time; instead, he embraced the challenge and threw himself into his coursework with unwavering determination. 

“I’ve always been very determined when it comes to my academics. I spend most of my time doing whatever I need to do to be an excellent student.”

However, over a period of time, Prateek felt the pressure get the best of him. His responsibilities only increased with time, and burnout seemed like it was just a few miles away. 

Within this commitment to distinction, he sensed a yearning to seek something beyond textbooks and exams.

“I was so caught up in my academics that I felt like I didn’t know much about myself. I wanted some guidance to discover more aspirations and dreams for myself.”

Knowing that this was not a journey he had to embark upon alone, he decided to approach YourDOST through his University. It was a call for self-discovery, an inner exploration that would showcase his full potential.

Prateek articulates the warmth and support that his counselor, Ms. Kaynat Iqbal provided him during his sessions. This became the anchor in the storm of his mind, allowing him to embrace a new change in his life. 

Ms. Kaynat was a beacon of unwavering assurance, always there to lend a compassionate ear, even when Prateek’s thoughts spiralled into the depths of overthinking. 

“I’m not used to talking to my family or friends about how I feel. At first, it was difficult for me to open up, but Ms. Kaynat was patient and constantly reassured me that therapy was a safe space for me to be honest about my fears and insecurities.” 

Together, they began to unravel the deepest of his worries, peeling back the heavy cloak of the pressure he put on himself. Slowly, he worked on freeing himself from the burden of his academics. 

“My counselor used to always tell me not to worry since she was there for me. I’m extremely grateful to her for being so caring and never giving up on me.”

The academic pressure Prateek dealt with had been relentless, a constant companion in their quest for success. Yet, with his counselor’s support, he began to see it in a new light. It was no longer an oppressive force but a challenge to be met, an adversary to be conquered. 

Amidst the overwhelming tide of negativity and anxiety Prateek experienced, he found a safe place in therapy. Here, he didn’t feel scared of being judged, allowing him to confront his deepest insecurities. 

“The biggest takeaway from my counseling sessions is the optimism that I have now. There was a time I used to find it extremely difficult to stay positive, but therapy has helped me change my perspective.” 

Each session with Ms. Kaynat was a step forward, a stride toward becoming the best version of himself. Prateek learned to channel his ambitions and expectations into a positive force, one that would drive him toward his goals, without suffocating him with undue pressure. 

In the end, Prateek’s story is a metaphor for the potential growth and transformation that is possible when you ask for help. He rates himself a 3 out of 5 in terms of feeling better and continues to grow through this journey. We are incredibly proud of his journey and wish him all the best in his future endeavours! 

Prateek’s Warrior Tips:
1.“Always try your best to look at the bright side of things. There is always a silver lining, even when it may seem impossible.”
2.“Give therapy a shot. It’ll help you learn so much more about yourself.”
3.“Everything good takes time. Be patient with yourself and trust the process.”

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires