Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

The Process of Glassblowing and Crafting Through the Heat: Sohail’s Story of Success with Therapy

Most of us know about the glassblowing process, the technique of creating various glass products after exposing broken glass shards to extreme heat and crafting them into a completely new product. This is similar to how we gather our own fragments in life and after getting through a difficult journey, succeed in our goals.  Meet Sohail, a person who went through a similar process and shared his experience of the journey. 

Born and raised in the town of Baruipur, in the suburban region of Kolkata, he completed his schooling in the same town as well. Sohail appeared for an all-state entrance examination and got into a prestigious college in Kolkata for his BTech. He started preparing for competitive examinations in his last year and landed a seat at NIT Calicut for MTech.

“I come from a nuclear family with just my parents and me. My father is a retired official from the Indian Railways and my mother is a music teacher.”

Sohail is fond of painting and sketching and has bagged several awards. He loves to read thriller novels and indulge in movies and music. Even though he never gave up his love for academics and bagged a seat in a prestigious institute, the ghost of his past trauma followed him to his college.

“I was really upset at the time I got into NIT Calicut and thought of seeking therapy. That’s when I got to know about YourDOST as they have collaborated with the organisation as their official mental health partner. That’s how I met my therapist Ms Gupta.”

Sohail describes his therapist as being extremely empathetic, kind, solution-oriented and someone with a positive attitude. He usually took 1 session per week and tries to stick with the routine even today.

“In 2023, when I just got into NIT, I was in shambles. I had appeared for various competitive examinations the previous year and failed to clear them after multiple attempts. I am a perfectionist when it comes to studies and work, and this experience broke my self-esteem to pieces.”

Sohail recalls being extremely burned out and exhausted during an important examination. The thought that he could have done better if not for his mental condition, haunts him even today as he had a massive setback in the examination. He loves his area of study now after going through extreme heat that moulded his pieces back to a new and shiny self.

“People don’t understand the hardships behind getting an all-India rank in examinations, and fail to see the struggles beneath. However, due to my deep love for my subject, I prepared for the GATE examination by delving deep into each and every concept.”

Sohail was preparing for his examination in a slow but steady manner but got caught in the clutches of burnout and frustration. Although he succeeded in his last attempt and got into a prestigious institute for higher studies, he wasn’t feeling good and hence turned to therapy.

Sohail’s journey has passed through breaking into pieces and going through extreme heat to mould back into shape. He started following some activities and techniques that Ms Shamolina shared and worked on them with consistency.

“Ms Gupta helped me get through the most difficult stage by encouraging me to follow my passions which would take my mind off of things and help me return to my usual self. She tried to instil a positive mindset in me with journaling exercises also.”

Sohail feels enlightened and fresh post therapy sessions with Ms Gupta and feels great from within. He’s doing much better in academics and has returned to his usual routine of studies. 

“I have a lot of things for which I’m thankful to Ms Gupta. She’s also a Bengali and the native language use helped me communicate fluently. Her empathy and solution-oriented approach help me move forward and focus on my present.”

Sohail has come a long way by bearing the difficulties with a strong face and confident approach, which has led him onto the path of success. He rates himself a solid 4 out of 5 in terms of feeling better and envisions improvement as getting into the best version of himself. 

We at YourDOST are honoured to be a part of Sohail’s journey of being moulded into the best version of himself from scratch and we wish him the best for his future endeavours!

Sohail’s Warrior Tips:
1.“The darkest hour of the night is just before dawn so no matter what, good things will always come your way.”
2.“Find yourself and find your purpose in life.”
3.“Do not get stuck in the monotonous cycle and move on in life with new hobbies and activities.”

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires