Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

The Turbulent Journey of a River from the Mountains to the Peaceful Ocean: Ishita’s Transformation with Therapy

At its source in the mountains, the river is often tumultuous and chaotic, similar to the emotions of grief. As the water hits the rocks and other obstacles and violently paves its way downstream, it reflects the chaos of a human mind when deeply hurt and shambles. However, every journey has an end, and so do the emotions that are felt in the grieving process. 

Meet Ishita, a 23-year-old law student at the prestigious Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi. This upcoming young lawyer was born and raised in Lucknow and currently lives in Delhi for her studies.

Ishita describes her childhood as a happy and normal one. She grew up in a joint family and was always surrounded by people who loved her and hated being alone.

“I’ve been homesick since I moved to Delhi, as I crave the warmth of people around me. My family is my strength and is the sole reason I stand here today.”

Ishita enjoys creating painting masterpieces and loves writing her heart out. She is a budding poet and loves writing poetry when and where she can.

Ishita heard about YourDOST from her college as they partner with the organisation as their official mental health partner. While in college she started experiencing extreme anxiety attacks and health concerns, which were caused by high blood pressure and stress. She used to faint at times and her peers helped her meet a college counsellor who opened the doors for her to YourDOST.

“Initially, I was scared to go for therapy as I did not know what to expect. When I was introduced to YourDOST, I met Ms Pranami Bordoloi who became my therapist. I do not remember much of the first session, but I recall being extremely comfortable around her.”

Ishita was alone during a difficult phase in her life and was constantly irritated. There were days when she wouldn’t leave her flat in Delhi, and even when people knocked on her door, she wouldn’t answer it. She regrets doing all that and recalls even having feelings of self-harm.

“I had 3 friends in my life who meant the world to me; one of them was my partner. However, during a dark time in my life, I faced the loss of one of them. Not long after that, my other friend gave up his worldly life and turned to religion and spirituality as a coping mechanism, and stopped talking to us.”

Ishita’s partner also left after some time, making her feel completely alone. She lost all of her three closest friends one after the other which led her to a dreadful phase. Her sister stayed nearby, and when her family sensed something wrong, they were quick to act and brought her to the hospital.

She was treated for extreme dehydration and lack of nutrients as it had been days since she had eaten an ounce of food. Her sister stayed with her for a whole two months and never left her side, as Ishita was suffering from self-harm thoughts when she was alone. The journey of her life was violently flowing downstream hitting every obstacle in the way. However, entering family and therapy, her life began stabilising like flowing through a valley slowing down gradually.

“Miss Pranami helped me get back on track by assigning various practices and techniques that helped me get control of myself. She helped me with breathing exercises, the 54321 grounding techniques and exposure therapy, which finally helped me regulate and channel my emotions in a better way.”

Ishita was also assigned various worksheets and exposed to mindfulness videos and exercises that gradually brought her back on her feet and analysed situations on her own. She describes her biggest positive change as talking her heart out without fumbling and searching for words before speaking.

“It may seem a small change for everyone else but getting hold of my scattered thoughts and forming sentences to explain my situation is something I never thought I could do. I’m extremely fortunate to have met Ms Pranami, and grateful to everyone who helped me get to the place I’m at today.”

Ishita expresses her heartfelt gratitude towards everyone who helped her get back on her feet, especially YourDOST and Ms Pranami for being there for her at all times. She’s slowly nearing her serenity and rates herself 2.5 in terms of feeling better, indicating she’s halfway through the journey. She envisions improvement as returning to the normal routine where she can shower, brush and eat food like others. 

We at YourDOST are honoured to present the story of Ishita, who is like a river that is gradually slowed down after a turbulent journey and reaching the ocean of peace. We are extremely proud of her journey and wish her more peace and calm in the future!

Ishita’s Warrior Tips:
1.“Everyone has their share of bad days, and remember someone is more in pain than you, hence if you have the privilege of seeking therapy, you should definitely do it.”
2.“Some days are bad for a reason as they shape you for the best. Sabke sath hota hai, aap bhi karloge.”

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires