Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Hasan’s Journey of Learning to Balance the Scale of Life with Therapy

“Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.” – The Fray.

Life often presents us with tough choices, and the path to doing what is right is rarely easy. It’s in these challenging moments that we grow the most, finding strength and clarity through our struggles.

Meet Hasan Ali, the business head of e-Commerce at Capillary. This 35-year-old, originally from Mumbai, moved to Bangalore at the age of three and made the city his home ever since.

“Growing up in a humble background helped me learn the basics of life when I had very little on my plate and I tried to spread happiness with what I had.”

Today, Hasan heads the entire e-commerce business at Capillary, a journey spanning 14 remarkable years since he graduated from engineering. His path has been anything but extraordinary from running his own startup to contributing to the mighty Capillary Tech for the past three years.

Hassan’s immediate family are his wife and son, with his parents and brother living right next door to them.

“I have a deep passion for music and try to read all that I get my hands on as I believe in continuous learning. I also prioritise fitness and make time to jog or run whenever possible.”

Hasan learned about YourDOST through Capillary, which partners with the organization as their official mental health partner. Though he had heard of YourDOST earlier, it was after joining Capillary that he officially sought therapy.

“My counsellor, Ms Nidhi Nahata, made a significant impact from the first session. Her ability to make me comfortable and identify patterns in my behaviour played a crucial role in my therapeutic journey.”

Sometimes in life, when everything goes right in one aspect, some things are left behind and need an extra push to function just fine, which was the case with Hasan too.

“I was overwhelmed with work and personal issues. I was feeling trapped between my mother and wife and at the same time the stress from my role in managing the entire Customer Success Management side of the e-commerce business added to my burden.”

Hasan was in charge of handling customers from around the globe leading to irregular sleep patterns and overall exhaustion. It was at this breaking point that Hasan turned to YourDOST for help. The therapy sessions helped him balance all aspects of his life with grace.

“I noticed that slowly I became self-aware and learnt not to take things personally. I also established a clear boundary between my personal and professional time that helped me steer clear of mental exhaustion.”

Planting a seedling in unsupportive conditions and trying to take care of it may result in no progress. Understanding the plant’s needs, and taking care of them from the root helps it grow steadily.

Initially, Hasan was emotionally disturbed, but through small nuggets of advice from his counsellor, he began to implement changes that helped him regain balance and calmness.

“Journaling became a crucial activity for me in therapy, allowing self-reflection and a better understanding of my thought patterns and emotions. It also helped me trace concerns back to my childhood by identifying the root causes of some issues.”

One of the significant positive changes Hasan experienced was realising that solutions often lie within oneself rather than externally. Attending group sessions with his wife was particularly enlightening for them, as they helped him understand her perspective better. This newfound awareness made their relationship stronger and more harmonious.

“My counsellor, who helped me take group sessions, was so well-prepared, and it made me feel that she genuinely cared about improving our issues. I am deeply grateful to her for helping me wholeheartedly.”

The journey of detecting the underlying issues of a situation and taking care of it from the root is what made Hasan reach a stable and peaceful mindset.

Today, Hasan rates himself a 4 out of 5 in terms of feeling better and views improvement as self-growth. His journey with YourDOST has been transformative, helping him navigate the complexities of his life with greater ease and confidence.

We at YourDOST could not be more proud of this warrior and wish him the best for his future!

Hasan’s Warrior Tips:
1.“Developing a sense of self-awareness will help you understand yourself better.”
2.“Seek professional help when needed, without fearing judgment.”

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires