Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Tying Up The Wandering Thoughts with Therapy: Samarth’s Story of Healing

The human mind can wander to great lengths and trick us into thinking what it wants to think. We have the choice to believe it or not. With the proper expert guidance and support, all our thoughts can be controlled easily.

At 32, Samarth is a software engineer at TVS Motors, Indore, leading a life filled with coding and having quality time with family and friends.

His hobbies are as vibrant as the man himself. He lives every moment to the fullest by enjoying gaming or simply being outdoors.

A couple of years into his married life, Samarth has enjoyed increasing the close-knit circle of his immediate family by adding his supportive wife to the mix.

“I was raised in an affectionate, close-knit, nurturing family environment. Growing up, I had a support system that faced life’s hurdles together.”

Samarth’s childhood was marked with warmth and camaraderie, from playing cricket with his neighbourhood friends to an empathetic bond with his parents and brother. His mother, especially, has been his closest confidant, with whom he shares his moments of joy and distress.

But despite the robust support system, from around 2016 onwards, things became tough for Samarth. He felt the overthinking and anxiety set in. He used to feel significantly different at that period.

“The root of my struggles was hard to find in the beginning. However, it all started when I was away from my family, and my wife was expecting our first child.”

It is at this point that he sought support from YourDOST, which he discovered from a corporate tie-up his workplace had as their official mental health partner. Gradually, he began untieing his web of thoughts and the reason for his distress.

This distance from the family and the tension of being away from his wife when expecting built a storm in his head. He was always concerned about his wife and was stressed from not having enough support from the extended family.

“I always wondered if I did the right thing in my career. Was I deserting my wife when she needed me most? My mind was racing, and I wasn’t sleeping well.”

Soon enough, this overthinking turned into anger issues.

“I was always snapping at everyone close to me, and my anger puzzled even me. Even my loved ones were confused because they couldn’t understand why I was so uptight.”

The first session with Ms Keisha Das marked a turning point in the healing journey for Samarth.

“Ms Keisha immediately picked up my overthinking pattern and gave me several strategies to apply for help. Her approach was insightful and practical.”

Ms Keisha introduced one of the most important techniques: mindfulness meditation.

“The first time I did relaxation techniques, my sleeping improved greatly. Meditation gave me confidence in the process, and since then, I have been meditating regularly.”

She also recommended physical activities, like walking or cycling, which could help him manage his racing thoughts.

“Merely moving my body helped clear my mind and alleviate some stress.”

Further, Ms Keisha also taught Samarth some breathing techniques to start and end his day so that he could control his anxious thoughts.

Techniques learned from Ms Keisha added to his support and have meant meaningful changes in Samarth’s life. He started becoming more confident in handling difficult situations and triggers.

“One of the most useful things has been taking time for myself. If it is 15 or 30 minutes alone, it helps me reflect on my feelings and thus get back in control.”

These changes have equipped Samarth with better ways of managing his emotions outside formal activities. He felt better equipped to handle challenges without aggression and to make thoughtful decisions without feeling overwhelmed.

Today, Samarth is eternally indebted to Ms Keisha Das.

“I feel a lot better because she encouraged me, and the confidence that she instilled in me is great. She was non-judgmental and gave me efficient, workable techniques. She has helped me understand and manage my issues in a way I hadn’t been able to before.”

Samarth rates his present well-being as four on a scale of 1 to 5. For him, improvement is a matter of being braver and handling instances more conveniently.

Today, Samarth is a changed man who is happy in his skin. We at YourDOST are proud of how far he has come and wish him the best in his life!

Samarth’s Warrior Tips:
1.“It’s crucial to gain clarity on what’s affecting you. We can curb overthinking and unresolved emotions by addressing them early on.”
2.“Don’t hesitate to contact experts who understand the complexities of mental health. Their guidance can make a significant difference.”
3.“Regular self-care practices, such as mindfulness and physical activity, can relieve and support your journey to better mental health.”

Are you someone who has gone through a difficult phase and emerged stronger and better, with some professional help? Share your story with us to encourage thousands of others who might be struggling. Click here to submit your story.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires