Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Lifting The Anchor of Past Memories and Moving On: Piyush’s Journey With Therapy

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” – Anonymous

Heartbreak often feels like an endless storm, where clouds of sadness and regret overshadow every glimmer of sunshine. It can be as consuming and disorienting as navigating a labyrinth with no exit in sight. Yet, just as every storm eventually gives way to clear skies, there is always a path to healing, even if it’s not immediately visible. Therapy can be the compass that guides one through the darkness, illuminating the way toward peace and self-discovery.

Piyush, a 27-year-old HR Executive at Randstad from Andhra Pradesh, has a similar story to say about his life and love.

Piyush grew up in a beautiful, stress-free environment, sharing a strong bond with his family. He describes his relationship with them as incredibly close and supportive.

“I am an avid reader and found solace in books. I dived into different worlds to escape the monotony of daily life.”

However, even amidst such a supportive environment, Piyush faced a challenge that he couldn’t navigate alone. He heard about YourDOST through his company, which had partnered with the platform to support employee mental health. Encouraged by his company to use these resources, Piyush decided to seek help for a deeply personal issue.

The primary reason for Piyush seeking therapy was a relationship issue that lacked closure. The lingering thoughts and emotions tied to this unresolved relationship were dragging him back, preventing him from moving on. Despite his best efforts to forget, the memories haunted him, leaving him feeling hopeless and anchored to the past.

“When the thoughts were dragging me back, I wanted to seek therapy and get better. I wanted to get over them, and Sanjana helped me out of it.”

Every time I got a dream of her, I am dragged into the past and felt like I lost everything. I lost interest in everything. I tried talking to my friends to just check if there was hope for me. 

Piyush’s mind had a clutter of emotions, feelings, hopelessness, and deep appreciation for the other person which made him feel like he had lost the meaning of my life. 

“I look back I realize that I was walking through a dark tunnel with an apprehension of no hope. But YourDOST led me to the end of the tunnel. I saw light, I gained strength, I was filled with hope, I saw the beauty, I realized the value of the present time, and I started to smile again.”

From the very first session, Piyush knew he was in good hands. His counsellor, Ms Sanjana, made a lasting impression. She was empathetic, solution-oriented, and incredibly calm. Her approach was not hasty; she listened attentively and gave Piyush the room to get comfortable and reach solutions easily.

“She’s excellent,” Piyush recalls. “She listens attentively and gives me room to get comfortable and reach a solution easily.”

Sanjana introduced Piyush to various techniques to help him manage his emotions better. One of the most effective methods was journaling and tracking down his emotions. The questions Sanjana asked during their sessions encouraged Piyush to introspect and think from different perspectives and it helped him move on with his life.

“I used to feel burdened with the thoughts from the past, but Sanjana’s questions helped me look at things from different angles and helped me move on.”

Through these sessions, Piyush learned to analyse his thoughts more objectively. The journaling exercises allowed him to understand his emotions better and see the situation from a new viewpoint. This introspection was crucial in helping him break free from the chains of his past relationship.

The transformation in Piyush’s life was profound. Before therapy, the mere thought of his former partner filled him with sadness. However, after working with Sanjana, he found peace and calmness. 

“Even when I talk to my former partner today, I am okay,” Piyush says with a smile. “There is no pain. I was and hopeless, but now I am free from the anchor of the past baggage and pain that pulled me down into the waters.”

Piyush’s gratitude towards Sanjana is immeasurable. He credits her with helping him reach a place of peace and contentment.

“I do not have words to express my gratitude. She’s been calm and cool, which made me extremely comfortable. I can’t thank her enough for making me reach where I am today.”

When asked to rate his improvement, Piyush gives it a solid 4.5 out of 5. For him, improvement means peace and freedom. He envisions his progress as a journey towards happiness and contentment, with a significant reduction in overthinking tendencies. His experience serves as a beacon of hope for anyone struggling with similar issues, reminding us that even in the darkest times, there is always a way forward.

We at YourDOST are proud to be a part of Piyush’s journey and wish him continued growth and success in the future!

Piyush’s Warrior Tips:
1.“Always have hope. Days may look gloomy, but the brightness and light will always come through.”
2.“Get help when and where you need it for your betterment.”

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires