Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Rising from the Shadows: Moorthy’s Journey with Therapy

Growing up in a small town right in the heart of Tamil Nadu, Tirunelveli, a little boy had big dreams for himself. Not an average child, Saravana Moorthy was a star student, the pride of his community, and a beacon of hope for his family.

From small-town boy to Deputy General Manager at TVS Motors, his journey is nothing less than an inspiration that reflects determination, resilience, and rediscovery.

Excellence followed Saravana from childhood. He was a district-level school topper for both 10th and 12th grades and received a gold medal, which made him an overnight sensation among his peers and teachers alike.

He had a natural inclination toward engineering and thus did his graduation in mechanical engineering and post-graduation in plastics engineering. His hard work paid off when he landed a job at Bajaj Auto straight out of college.

“I bagged my job in campus placements and couldn’t believe how fast I started working! I finished my studies on Friday, boarded the train on Saturday, and started working on Sunday.”

Saravana’s rise in the corporate world was meteoric. At just 23, he was already managing teams with members much older than himself.

“They called me ‘Plastic Moorthy’ because I knew every instrument, every technique.”

His commitment was impeccable. He worked tirelessly for 14 to 16 hours a day without rest, with a burning desire to learn and climb the corporate ladder. Soon, his efforts were recognised, and he shot up the career ladder in no time.

His daughter was studying at a good school, he had a decent home close to work, and his contributions to the company were enormous.

“I received five times from the Managing Director for heading the best team. We saved around 665 crores for the company, and we felt we were at the top of the world.”

But life, as it often does, threw a curveball. A change in profile, along with the COVID-19 pressures, started to weigh heavily upon Saravana.

The stress of the new assignment and the failure of a key supplier had begun to take their toll on him. The once-confident and energetic Saravana felt the first cracks in his armour.

Work reviews turned more critical, and the constant hammering at meetings started chipping away at his self-esteem.

“I began to crumble. I couldn’t believe how low I had fallen.”

Anxiety took over, and Saravana, who was once the life of the party, started to withdraw into a shell. With this came health problems-diabetes-following him around in a spiralling cycle of negative thoughts and self-doubt.

During this bleak period, Saravana heard about YourDOST through his company, which had partnered with the organisation as its official mental health partner.

“I wasn’t very certain then about therapy and seeking elsewhere for help, but I knew I would need any help that would come my way.”

He connected with a counsellor named Ms Joanna, who would become instrumental in his journey back to himself.

Joanne taught him several techniques, including one called ITF—incident, Thought, Feeling, and Behaviour.

“She taught me to deconstruct my thoughts and understand why I felt a particular way. I began keeping an Excel sheet, tabulating incidents, my thoughts, and how those incidents made me behave.”

Slowly but surely, Saravana began seeing the patterns and learned to shift his mindset.

“I realised it wasn’t the people or circumstances holding me back; it was my thoughts.”

Under Joanna’s guidance, he started rebuilding his confidence, finding better ways of communicating, and, most importantly, finding joy again in his work and life.

Today, Saravana stands tall, not only as a successful professional but as a person who has fought and won a battle against his inner demons.

“I am like myself again. My wife and children are happy with the resurrection of my former self–full of life, energy, and ready to go.”

Moorthy’s story reminds us that even the best of us can fall but rise again stronger with the right support. His struggles from the edge of despair to recapturing his confidence and zest for life inspire all of us who are burdened with similar struggles.

“I’m grateful to Joanna and YourDOST for helping me find my way back. And now I can say with pride that I am once again the person I always knew I could be.”

Saravana rates himself a golden 5 in terms of feeling better and visualises improvement as being aware of one’s thoughts.

Saravana’s journey testifies to the resilience and importance of seeking help when necessary. We at YourDOST are proud of his life achievements!

Saravana’s Warrior Tips:
1.“Don’t shy away from talking about mental health issues. Just like you would go to a doctor for physical health, don’t hesitate to seek help for your mind.”
2.“It’s okay to go down in life, but what matters is how you rise again.”

Are you someone who has gone through a difficult phase and emerged stronger and better, with some professional help? Share your story with us to encourage thousands of others who might be struggling. Click here to submit your story.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires